Whilst working as a fashion stylist I often had private clients who needed a wardrobe make over before going on a shopping trip. Now that autumn and winter are just around the corner, it is the perfect opportunity to check your closet, give it some well-deserved love and make space for some new favourite fashion items. Here are some helpful tips on how to choose what to sort out, and how to organise your wardrobe easily.
It is this time of the year again, when I get itchy feat and feel like the whole house needs a makeover. In mood for cosy materials and a warm colour scheme, I made an inventory of our autumn and winter decoration- even brought down the box with Christmas decoration from the loft- and decided important key pieces for the re-decoration are missing. Knowing where to shop my desired items in Germany, I had to search for new suppliers now living here in UK. Where high street shops often supply more or less the same, independent shops often offer a greater and more individual variety online. And this is exactly where my search started. I was stunned about the diversity of truly wonderful online shops here in UK and want to present the best ones here to you over the next few weeks. Today the journey will take us to Rockett St. George, a stunning online shop of homeware with an unique and quirky style- just the way we love it here at suki and pink.
Hello you lovely people,
Thanks for stopping by and taking a moment to read about my blog. My name is Cora and I’m addicted to all things beautiful. My latest passion is to decorate and transform old unloved furniture into cherished favourite pieces. On a weekend you’ll possibly find me holding a paint brush and covered in several paint splatters, refurbishing an old chest of drawers or giving an old trunk a new colour.
When I’m not crafting or repainting, you can usually find me in the kitchen, where I experiment with gluten free and vegetarian dishes. Healthy but tasty is my goal and I love to share my recipes with you!
Working as a freelancer, I enjoy the freedom of travelling and surrounding myself with beautiful things as well as meeting inspiring people. On sukiandpink you can join my creative journey through my new home England and travel with me around the world, searching for unique designs, passionate manufacturers, handcrafted products and the little something special that makes our lives even more joyful. ♥
Let’s keep in touch!
Instagram |Facebook | Twitter
Some Fun Facts About Me:
- My favourite colour changes according to the season, but if something is light pink or turquoise I can hardly walk away.
- I’ve met my husband at a concert in Munich, where he was playing with his band. He still claims I’m his groupie (he wishes…)
- I’ve worked as a fashion stylist for many years, but still find it hard to buy clothes for myself. It’s so much easier to style other people!
- The older I get, the more I’m craving quality time in nature. Give me the option for a day out at a shopping centre or a walk through a forest and I would go for the later.
- Isch bin ne eschte Düsseldorfer Mädsche: Born and grown in the beautiful city of Düsseldorf.
- I mog di: Munich has been my home for ten years, but I’ve only been twice to the Oktoberfest.
- I’ve so far moved 17 times in my life- yep that’s right SEVENTEEN times, lived in 6 different cities, 2 different countries and am finally thinking of settling down in one place.
- I emigrated to England
five six years ago and am sometimes still pinching myself, that I actually did it.
- Every now and then I still have nightmares about failing my math A -levels. After all these years!!!
- Travel goals: A trip to the USA during Indian Summer, a stay in a little beach hut on a tropical island with powdered beaches and turquoise sea, a week in a remote house in the Norwegian or Swedish outback, a shopping trip to Copenhagen.
- As a kid I always wanted to be locked in at a department store overnight.
- Gilmore Girls rock!
- Morphea and Scleroderma fighter: I have a rare autoimmune disorder since my 5th birthday, resulting in inflammations and pains in my whole body, scaring of the tissue, fatigue syndrome and a few other unnecessary things like an artificial hip. Nonetheless I see things from the positive side and refuse to let this stop me from enjoying live to the fullest.
- I LOVE food and am basically always hungry. Seriously! My family constantly makes jokes about it and when I come and visit them, they usually double up their fridge content- just to make sure there is enough food for me. I also keep the family record of 15 plates at an all you can eat buffet… don’t ask.
- For health reasons I don’t eat gluten, sugar, dairy or any processed food. Not easy when you’re always hungry and love to try new restaurants and foreign food, but I’m currently trying to heal my body naturally with the autoimmune paleo diet.
- I would love to grow my own vegetables one day and I can’t wait to have a spacious garden one day.
- The look of flowers makes me truly happy.
Can you relate to any of the facts above?
Leave a comment below.