Courgetti Aglio E Olio With Prawns – AIP/ Paleo Whole30 Compliant
Since starting my WHOLE30 / AIP challenge, I’ve been racking my brain on tasty recipes. Because let’s be honest, having sweet potatoes and cabbage all the time doesn’t really make you satisfied. So here it is, my first WHOLE30 and AIP friendly recipe suitable for pesceterians: gluten free, lactose free, nightshade free and yet not fun free! 🙂 This also tastes great if you are not on the program and just want to enjoy a quick, healthy and tasty meal.
- 1 package of readymade courgetti (even better: make them yourself!)
- 3 garlic cloves (yep, three! This is not a typo!)
- fresh herbs (thyme, basil)
- extra virgin olive oil (please use cold pressed extra virgin olive oil in good quality. I love “Il Casolare
- seasoning: salt (get a good quality one, I use Cornish Sea Salt Co.)
- Serves one and takes about 10-15 minutes (including preparation).
- Heat pan with some olive oil and add prawns once pan is hot. Stir well whilst frying.
- In the meantime prepare your courgetti: I simply heated them up for 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Once prawns are almost done, add crushed garlic, fresh thyme, basil and a pinch of salt to them. Fry for a minute, lower heat, add more olive oil and add courgetti to the pan.
- Stir well so courgetti can soak up the flavour of the olive oil and prawn mix. Add more olive oil, garlic, herbs or salt as desired.
This dish is perfect when hunger strikes you out of the blue and you need a healthy but tasty meal quickly. Enjoy!
Do you have a favourite AIP Paleo and WHOLE30 recipe that you would like to share?
It’s always nice to inspire and support each other on this journey.