Hello and thanks for stopping by. My name is Cora and I’m addicted to all things beautiful!
A few years ago I packed my bags and moved from Germany to UK, where my husband and I recently purchased our first house.
On sukiandpink you can join my creative journey making this house to our home (all on a budget!). My latest passion is to decorate and transform old unloved furniture into cherished favourite pieces. On a weekend you’ll possibly find me holding a paint brush and covered in several paint splatters, refurbishing an old chest of drawers or giving an old trunk a new colour.
As an autoimmune warrior life isn’t always easy, but I try to see the positive in everything. And sometimes it helps to simply laugh your worries away- after all, life is too precious to not be happy!
Read some more facts about me below.
Fun Facts About Me:
- My favourite colour changes according to the season, but if something is light pink or grey I can hardly walk away.
- I’ve met my husband at a concert in Munich, where he was playing with his band. He still claims I’m his groupie (he wishes…)
- I’ve worked as a fashion stylist for many years, but still find it hard to buy clothes for myself. It’s so much easier to style other people!
- The older I get, the more I’m craving quality time in nature. Give me the option between a day out at a shopping centre or a walk through a forest and I would go for the later.
- Isch bin ne eschte Düsseldorfer Mädsche: Born and grown in the beautiful city of Düsseldorf.
- I mog di: Munich has been my home for ten years, but I’ve only been twice to the Oktoberfest.
- I’ve so far moved 17 times in my life- yep that’s right SEVENTEEN times, lived in 6 different citys, 2 different countries and am finally thinking of settling down in one place.
- I emigrated to England eight years ago and am sometimes still pinching myself, that I actually did it. More about my adventures and life in UK HERE.
- Every now and then I still have nightmares about failing my math A-levels. After all these years!!!
- Travel goals: A trip to the USA during Indian Summer, a stay in a little beach hut on a tropical island with powder sugar beaches and turquoise sea, a week in a remote house in the Norwegian or Swedish outback, a shopping trip to Copenhagen.
- As a kid I always wanted to be locked in at a department store overnight.
- Gilmore Girls and Shitt’s Creeck rock!
- My husband and I can basically quote most of the Friends dialogues.
- I’m a Morphea / Scleroderma fighter: I have a rare autoimmune disorder since my 5th birthday, resulting in inflammations and pains in my whole body, scaring of the tissue, fatigue syndrome and a few other unnecessary things like
onetwo artificial hips (just had the other hip done as well!). Nonetheless I see things from the positive side and refuse to let this stop me from enjoying live to the fullest. You can read more about my health journey HERE.
- I LOVE food and am basically always hungry. Seriously! My family constantly makes jokes about it and when I come and visit them, they usually double up their fridge content- just to make sure there is enough food for me. I also keep the family record of 15 plates at an all you can eat buffet… don’t ask.
- For health reasons I don’t eat gluten and try to minimise my dairy, sugar and processed food intake. Not easy when you’re always hungry and love to try new restaurants and foreign food. Remember to try out some of my gluten free recipes. Click here for SAVOURY or SWEET.
- I would love to grow my own vegetables and I can’t wait to have a spacious garden or plot one day.
- The look of flowers makes me truly happy.
Can you relate to any of the facts above?